Sunday, May 3, 2009

Greatness


Everyone Can Become Great

“It is within the power of every man to become great.” ~ Wallace D. Wattles from The Science of Being Great

Do you think you can become great? Coupla things on that: 1) EVERYONE can become great; and, 2) As per Ford, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.”

Too often we look at those we admire and think it must have been their destiny to achieve greatness. Something in their genes or astrological chart or just sheer luck.

Huh? That’s just a REALLY weak excuse for us failing to step up to our own greatness.

As Wattles says, ““It is within the power of every man to become great.”

And the great Paulo Coelho echoes that when he says, “I learned the most important lesson of my life: that the extraordinary is not the birthright of a chosen and privileged few, but of all people, even the humblest. That is my one certainty: we are all the manifestation of the divinity of God.”

YOU HAVE SEEDS OF GREATNESS IN YOU!

I hope you already know that and I hope you have enough strength to work on yourself till you manifest it and most fully give yourself to the world. Why? Well, we need it. But, more importantly, YOU need it! As Abraham Maslow states: “If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life.”

You might be thinking, “Oh, but me? I can’t possibly be great. You should have seen how I was raised.” Or, “Not for me. I’m in prison.” Or, “Me? blah blah blah blah boring story blah.”

Whatever. You only need to look at so many people like Oprah or Malcolm X or 50 Cent (OMG. Former thug drug dealer turned artist turned future billionaire simply rockin’ his greatness!) to anyone else you wanna pick who had way worse circumstances than you and turned it around.

Of course, the STATISTICS will tell you that you won’t do it. But who gives a *%$# about statistics? If one in a million make it, those are great odds. How many of you are there? Just do it. :)

So, I’ll pick up my megaphone one more time: “IT IS WITHIN YOUR POWER TO BECOME GREAT!!!”

*stops yelling and sets the megaphone down* :)

Thanks to Brian Johnson's Philosopher's Notes Episode 45 for this post

No comments:

Post a Comment